Send one to your BFF!
Friendship is a special love. And as we all know, true friendship is hard to find. So when you do find one, hang on tight! It also doesn’t hurt to let them know every now and then just how much they mean to you. These friendship quotes perfectly describe the beauty of friendship.
So go ahead and share one of these friendship quotes with your sister from another mister or brother from another mother. (And maybe learn a few important lessons long the way about what it really means to be a good friend.)
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” —C.S. Lewis
3. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” —Helen Keller
4. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” ― Elie Wiesel
5. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ―Muhammad Ali
6. “Dear George: Remember no man is a failure who has friends.” —It’s a Wonderful Life
7. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ― William Shakespeare
8. “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” ―Oscar Wilde
9. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ―Linda Grayson
10. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” —Albert Camus
11. “The best mirror is an old friend.” ―George Herbert
12. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.” —Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
13. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” ―Aristotle
15. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” —Oprah Winfrey