HomeFACTS22 Things Only College Kids From The 90’s Will Understand
22 Things Only College Kids From The 90’s Will Understand
Was it you? It’s okay, we all do dumb things in college.
7. You watched “Friends” in your dorms common room every Thursday night.
…and Molly at the end of the hall had hair just like Rachel, even though she was SUCH a Monica.
8. Your first vote was cast in an election that held either a Clinton or a Bush.
Unless you were one of those non-traditional students in the ’90s, there was no avoiding this.
9. Unless you were loaded with cash, you probably spent a LOT of your time in the computer lab.
Even if you did have your own computer, the ones in the lab were way faster. Plus all your friends were there anyway.
10. You would listen to the radio all day long just to record your favourite song of all time on a tape
11. So you could play it on this…
12. Facebook only existed on paper…
…and you went through it with your friends each year to pick out people you wanted to meet (stalking sure has come a long way).
13. Only the SUPER privileged students could afford cell phones…
…which meant that finding your friends across campus was next to impossible.
14. At least you could always leave messages on your friends’ white boards though.
Every once in a while they were even important!
15. Sometimes, the best thing to do was wander from party to party looking for your friends.
It was always fun when you met some new ones along the way too!
16. Flyers were the best way to advertise a party.
The more outrageous the flyer, the more off the chain the party would be.
17. Fake IDs were STUPID easy to obtain.
Anyone with a camera, a printer and a laminating machine could pull it off.
18. You know what THIS is and what it’s for.
Hint: It’s a zip disk reader, and you needed one for those super big projects (we’re talking megabytes here kids).
19. Gigantic Logos
There was no such thing as tacky in the 90s. The bigger the logo the better. And, the more logos at once was perfection!
20. Blockbuster VHS Tapes
Sadly , too few of you know what’s going on on this image. 🙂
21. ’90s Slang
not many people still drop ’90s vernacular on the regular. What’s a girl gotta do to get “Oh, snap,” “talk to the hand,” “as if,” and “my bad” back into circulation? C’mon, admit it — ’90s slang was all that and a bag of chips.
22. You either LOVED hacky sack, or you hated everyone who even touched one.